5 Helpful Tips
Hello out there, blog readers!
The video gives you 5 tips for an effective job search, some of which you will be familiar with, but some are new to me (#4!!!).
You should still watch the video, but here’s a brief outline:
1) Treat searching for a job as your full-time job.
2) Google yourself. Are you happy with the online version of yourself? Make sure that the way you are portraying yourself online via Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites is appropriate and attractive to prospective employers. Join Linked In and fill out your profile completely.
3) Make sure you have real life examples to back up resume claims.
4) Start a blog about something in which you have a strong interest or expertise. Employers have begun to search for prospective employees in the blogosphere! (Believe me, blogging is really simple and fun…if you do your research and write about things that excite you, blogging could be the best way to showcase your skills for prospective employers!!)
5) Research a few companies you are interested in working for and get to know them and what they are all about through their Facebook pages, Twitter and other resources.
Until next week,
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.